Sexual Exploitation of Children and Adolescents
- The hotel tolerates no child prostitution at the hotel’s premises and facilities;
- Any suspicious behavior from guests, employees, staff from hotel or any other person on the hotel’s premises must be reported to the local authorities.
For the purpose of this section ‘child’ is defined as a person younger than 18 years according to the UN Convention on the Rights of Child.
Human Rights & Labour conditions
- The hotel shall not discriminate based on gender, age, religion, race, tribe, caste, social background, disability, nationality, membership in workers’ organizations, political affiliation, sexual orientation, or any other personal characteristics;
- All employees shall be free to enter their employment with the hotel through their own choice and shall also be free to terminate their employment when they choose without penalty, as long as the process occurs in accordance with the (oral or written) employment contract;
- All forms of forced labour are forbidden;
- The freedom of association and the right to collective bargaining shall be recognized by the hotel;
- Workplace practices and conditions which violate basic rights are not allowed: Physical abuse or punishment or threat of physical abuse or punishment, any kind of sexual or other harassment and other forms of intimidation are prohibited;
- The hotel provides a means through which staff can make representation to senior management about key employment issues;
- The hotel provides for an effective complaints procedure through which employees may raise grievances (including those about harassment) and seek redress.
The hotel shall not employ children younger than 15 years of age unless local minimum age law stipulates a higher age for work or mandatory schooling, in which case the higher age shall apply.
Wages and Working Hours
- Wages paid by the Supplier must meet or exceed legal minimums and/or industry standard. No illegal or unauthorized deductions from wages are allowed;
- Working hours of the employees are to be kept in line with the legal requirements and/or industry standards;
- The employees shall be granted their stipulated annual leave and sick leave without any form of repercussions;
- Female employees shall be granted their stipulated maternity leave and other rights in case of pregnancy.